So this weekend I attempted to make French Macarons. It did not go as well as I hoped. I used this recipe from A Bit of Bees Knees. The recipe itself wasn’t the issue. I think I didn’t mix the egg white batter enough. I followed the directions and I even mixed it longer than it said since they weren’t becoming soft peaks. The recipe is a lot of work. It’s not hard but just very time consuming.
I divided the batter into 3 bowls to add the food colouring. The pink batch was a total disaster. The cookies molded together as they were backing. The ones that I put on parchment paper stuck to it and fell apart. The Silpat worked great. Most of the cookies came off nicely.
I used the filling recipe that was posted but my sister and I did not like it. It was too buttery so I just ended up using Nutella. I plan on finding another recipe for the filling or creating my own.
The recipe is suppose to make 50 cookies but I only ended up with about 10-15 acceptable looking cookies. As you can see some of them did not turn out well.