Ruffle Sleeve Eyelet | Berlin Jeans | Pink Keds, old (similar) | Saradora Tassel Bracelet | Adrielle Layered Necklace | Rattan Round Bali Bag | Champagne Shimmer Leather Earrings
I like to update you with what’s going on in my life. It has been a hot second since I’ve gotten personal. One of the points of this blog is to be transparent. Today, I want to share with you a few little things I am working on.
Little Things I’m Working On
- Meditation- I had gotten into the habit of meditating every morning and then I got sick and it was put on the back burner. I don’t think I had been doing it long enough to reap any of the benefits. Lately I have been super emotional. I am an emotional person to begin with but lately I’ve been extra. Everything is making me so upset that I cry. I’m hoping meditating regularly will help me clear my mind and pinpoint to what exactly is upsetting me.
- Practicing forgiveness. This lesson is hard to learn. I’ve been known to hold a grudge or two and I am doing my best to let it go. Forgiveness is such a simple act too. And forgiving is for me and not the other person.
- Spend more time with Reika. Okay so I spend basically all day, everyday with Reika, but I am usually on my laptop working. I try to take her for walks everyday. Whether it’s around my neighbourhood or down to the beach so she can play in the water. She is still a puppy and has so much energy that needs to be let out. Even if it’s just going outside for a few minutes to play with her.
- Trusting my intuition. I feel like I’ve been ignoring it lately. It speaks wonders
- Practicing how to say “no” more. I’ve mentioned it before in my setting boundaries with yourself post. It’s so important for your sanity and to be transparent with yourself.
- Cutting back my iced capps. I know I limited my intake during Lent, but now that it’s been so nice out, I’ve basically been getting them everyday. And even though I get it with milk instead of cream, there is still a lot of sugar. Plus if I do end up moving, there are no Tim Hortons locations in those cities and they won’t let me put a franchise there or sell me an iced capp machine. And yes I did ask.
- Moving on. I’ve mentioned before that I feel stuck at where I am and I’m hoping to make some changes my moving someplace else. I’ve been looking for jobs in various cities and also trying to contact costume designers. I found in the past reaching out to them directly is the best. So please wish me luck that I find what I’m looking for. And if that means staying here in Michigan, that’s fine too, just as long as some things change.
- Practicing no comparison. I blame Instagram for this one.
Are there any little things you are working on?