In honour of meatless Monday, I want to share with you one of my favourite recipes I love to make. It is a French lentil salad with feta and cranberries. It’s so filling, plus the servings are huge and it’s only suppose to feed 4 people! I sometimes have leftovers!
The nice thing about the lentil salad, is that it still tastes good the next day!
French Lentil Salad Recipe
- 1 cup French Lentils, picked and rinsed well
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 5 0z. or 4 cups of arugula
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts or almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, sliced thin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Place lentils in a 2 quart sauce pan with water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium low and simmer uncovered for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally( I add the onions in with the lentils since Jodie doesn’t like raw onion. I prefer raw in my salad). Strain well and place back in pot.
- While lentils are cooking, make the dressing. Whisk together garlic, honey, dijon mustard and apple cider vinegar. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss lentils with dressing and add in red onion(if you didn’t cook it with the lentils) and arugula. Plate and garnish with feta, cranberries, almonds/walnuts and basil.
If you make this salad, share on Instagram and tag me @jenniferpickeringfashion.